Before writing this post I did some reading to understand a bit more about ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ and to get some ideas for my post. In doing so I visited the site of the award administrator. It is interesting to note that the administrator has not really been active for over a year and yet the award continues. I think this is a nice reflection of the support within the blogging community.
When I first started blogging I noticed, with envy, a few people receiving this award and I hoped in time that someone would nominate my blog. So I would like to thank A Dating Dad for nominating me. I enjoy reading about a guy’s perspective on dating.
The rules of the award are fairly simple:
- Share 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award
Well it seemed simple until I started trying to think if interesting facts that would not give away my identity. This is my list of facts which you may find interesting:
- I have a PhD in a technical discipline that is traditionally male dominated. Surprising then that I can’t seem to meet any potential boyfriend candidates.
- As the introduction to my blog states I live in South Africa. However I lived in the UK for 10 years which provided a few good travel opportunities.
- I once went on a rock climbing holiday in Calpe, Spain.
- I have abseiled off Table Mountain.
- I used to be able to tell people that we have 2 1/2 cats because our neighbor’s cat spent so much time at our house.
- I love roller-coasters
- I have family scattered across 4 continents
The next challenge is picking 15 bloggers to nominate. My time is limited so I only follow a small number of blogs. Primarily dating blogs. Rather than picking blogs I rarely read I have settled on the following 8 bloggers who I enjoy reading:
- Back in Stilettos Again
- Single Girl Swiping
- Life and Dreams of an Unchained Heart
- Unleashing the Cougar
- Blessed with a Star on the Forehead
- Sensuality, Sex and Something else
- ann st vincent